- USDA-NIFA Postdoctoral Fellowship (2020)
- Penn State Postdoctoral Society Judges Award for Best Lightning Talk (2019)
- UW-Madison Campus-Wide TA Award for Exceptional Service (2016)
- Judith Croxdale Fellowship for Women in Science (2016)
- BSA Graduate Student Research Award (2015)
- ASPT Graduate Student Research Grant (2015)
- Flora Aeterna Fellowship (2014)
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Honorable Mention (2014)
- Lewis and Clark Field Scholar (2013)
PEER-REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS (coauthors: *undergraduate student)
- Kriebel, R, BT Drew, CP Drummond, JG González-Gallegos, F Celep, MM Mahdjoub, JP Rose, C-L Xiang, G-X Hu, JB Walker, EM Lemmon, AR Lemmon, and KJ Sytsma. 2019. Tracking the temporal shifts in area, biomes, and pollinators in the radiation of Salvia (sages) across continents: leveraging Anchored Hybrid Enrichment and targeted sequence data. American Journal of Botany 106:573-597.
- Spalink, D, R Kriebel, P Li, MC Pace, BT Drew, JG Zaborsky, J Rose, CP Drummond, MA Feist, WS Alverson, DM Waller, KM Cameron, TJ Givnish, and KJ Sytsma. 2018. Spatial phylogenetics reveals evolutionary constraints on the assembly of a large regional flora. American Journal of Botany 105: 1938-1950.
- Smith, SA, JW Brown, Y Yang, R Bruenn, CP Drummond, SF Brockington, JF Walker, N Last, NA Douglas, MJ Moore. 2017. Disparity, Diversity, and Duplications in the Caryophyllales. New Phytologist 217:836-854.
- Drew, BT, JG González-Gallegos, C-L Xiang, R Kriebel, CP Drummond, JB Walker, KJ Sytsma. 2017. Salvia united: the greatest good for the greatest number. Taxon 66:133-145.
- Baum DA, C Ané, B Larget, C Solís-Lemus, LST Ho, P Boone, CP Drummond, M Bontrager, SJ Hunter, W Saucier. 2015. Statistical evidence for common ancestry: application to primates. Evolution 70:1354-1363.
- Sulman JD, BT Drew, C Drummond, E Hayasaka, KJ Sytsma. 2013. Systematics, biogeography, and character evolution of Sparganium (Typhaceae): Diversification of a widespread, aquatic lineage. American Journal of Botany 100:2023-2039.
MANUSCRIPTS IN PROGRESS (coauthors: *undergraduate student)
- Drummond, CP, T Renner. Genomic insights into the evolution of plant biochemical defense. Invited review Current Opinions in Plant Biology. (under review)
- Drummond, CP, T Cochrane, KJ Sytsma. Western North American plants disjunct in the Great Lakes Region – 40 years after Marquis and Voss. (to be submitted)
- Drummond, CP, *C Setzke, MA Kuchenreuther, KJ Sytsma. Untangling the pseudoparallel phylogeographic patterns of a North American disjunct distribution in three angiosperm case studies. (manuscript in preparation)
- Albert, VA, K Fukushima, J Salojarvi, S Rajaraman, T Lan, QW Tan, CP Drummond, T Renner. Comparative genome evolution and the evolution of carnivory in Drosera. (manuscript in preparation)
- Toczydlowski, R, CP Drummond, B Kartzinel, S Goldstein. Optimizing Stacks for high throughput computing clusters. (manuscript in preparation)
RESEARCH PRESENTATIONS (presenting author in bold, * undergraduate mentee)
Drummond, C.P., *I. Chamberlain, T. Renner. The case of the blues, reds, and purples: flavonoid biosynthesis and evolution in Vaccinium L. Botany Meeting, Virtual, 2021.
Drummond, C.P., K. Bocklund, V.A. Albert, K. Fukushima, J. Salojarvi, S. Rajaraman, T. Lan, QW. Tan, T. Renner. The mystery behind sundew carnivory: how do they dew that? Selected Lightning Talk, Postdoctoral Research Exhibition, University Park, PA. 2019.
Drummond, C.P., V.A. Albert, K. Fukushima, J. Salojarvi, S. Rajaraman, T. Lan, Q.W. Tan, T. Renner. Co-option and carnivory in the Caryophyllales. Botany Meeting, Tucson AZ. 2019.
- Renner, T., V.A. Albert, C.P. Drummond, QW. Tan, K. Fukushima, S. Schuster, L. Herrera-Estrella, E. Ibarra-Laclette, M. Mata-Rosas, S. Rajaraman, T. Michael, V. Albert, J. Salojarvi.Deep-time morphological stasis in the carnivorous plant genus Drosera despite different trajectories of genomic upheaval. International Conference on Polyploidy, 2019.
- Drummond, C.P. and K.J. Sytsma. Great Lakes-Western North American disjunct plants: a review of the distribution and three phylogeographic case studies. Paper, Botany 2018 conference, Rochester, MN.
- Drummond, C.P. and K.J. Sytsma. The temporal puzzle of North American disjunct plants. Poster, Evolution 2017 conference, Portland, OR.
- Drummond, C.P. and K.J. Sytsma. A comparison of two Western North America-Great Lakes disjuncts using phylogeography, population genetics, and niche modeling. Paper, Botany 2016 conference, Savannah, GA.
- Drummond, C.P. and K.J. Sytsma. The case of the western North America-Great Lakes disjuncts. Poster, Botany 2015 conference, Alberta, Canada.
- Drummond et al. The age and origins of arid adaptations and gypsum endemism in Nyctaginaceae inferred using relaxed molecular dating. Poster, Botany 2012 conference, Columbus, OH.
TEACHING PRESENTATIONS (presenting author in bold)
- Drummond, C.P. Persistence of student evolution misconceptions in a plant systematics course. Poster, UW-Madison Teaching and Learning Symposium 2017, Madison, WI.
- Perna N., C.P. Drummond,… J.F. Crow Institute – On Teaching Evolution. Poster, UW-Madison Teaching and Learning Symposium 2014, Madison, WI.